Scholes Studios Stained Glass Company | Stained, Fused and Etched Glass
Scholes Studios is a full-service glass studio specializing in custom designed stained glass, fused glass, etched glass, and sandcarved stone art. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in commissioned stained glass. All of our stained glass is created exclusively for each client to suit your individual taste and style. Our glass art services are designed to appeal to those who seek to explore the benefits of imaginative stained glass for both decorative and functional applications.
Since 1981, Scholes Studios has been working in the custom stained glass industry developing a diverse portfolio ranging from custom home and commercial stained glass windows and doors to fused glass works of art to practical gifts and specialty items.
From conception through to installation, our clients receive the full benefit of our creativity and experience. Whatever the scale of your project, we offer a professional commitment together with a personable and reliable service.
Stained glass is a versatile, distinctive and diverse medium that can be used to enhance any environment. Whether you wish to create a spectacular feature, harmonize an interior, hide an unsightly view or simply brighten up a space, we specialize in designing stained glass to suit you. We combine contemporary design ideas and technology with traditional techniques and materials and pride ourselves in creating quality stained glass to stunning effect.
Your imagination is the limit! Thank you for considering us for your project.
Awards, Education, Accolades and Honorable Mentions
- Seminar with fusing artist Brock Craig – fusing, slumping
- Seminar with international artist Richard LaLonde – casting, painting, slumping
- RISD – Surface techniques such as sandblasting, staining, silk-screening
- Seminar with international artists Norm and Ruth Dobbins – sandblasting, carving
- DUCKS UNLIMITED WILDLIFE COMPETITION – 3rd prize
- WHITTEMORE DURGIN ANNUAL GLASS COMPETITION – 1st prize, special effect division
- FULLER MUSEUM MEMBERS EXHIBIT – honorable mention
- Awarded FALL RIVER CULTURAL COUNCIL GRANT
- Awarded HELEN E. ELLIS ART GRANT
- Featured in SOUTH COAST INSIDER
- Featured in FALL RIVER HERALD NEWS
- Featured on Channel 6 program 6 LIVE AT 5
- Featured in PROVIDENCE JOURNAL
- Featured in NEW BEDFORD STANDARD TIMES
- Commissioned by Mayor John Mitchell to create five original fused glass platters commemorating “the city of Fall River.” The first of this series was presented to Azorean President Amaral.
- Fused glass bowl accepted as part of Channel 2’s prestigious “Two Collection”
- Fused glass bowl accepted as part of Channel 2’s “Two Collection” and also one of 25 items they featured on the Internet for international bidding.
- Commissioned by Temple Beth Emunah of Brockton, MA to create two stained glass windows for their Sanctuary and Chapel.
- Former Stained Glass instructors for Bristol Community College and The Learning Connection.
- Guest speakers for many organizations including Westport Art Group, Fall River Art Association, Pierpoint Tea Plate Society, Fuller Art Museum and the Sisterhood at Temple Beth Emunah.